Modern event management is currently developing very quickly. What was highly in demand a year ago is no longer in demand today. The world of event technology is extremely dynamic, with new approaches to promotion and attractions as well as new technologies, all of which motivates event organisers to be aware of the latest trends and the best modern event management practices, not only recognizing them but also being competent enough to apply them according to their own expertise.
Modern event management goals and requirements
In preparing for hosting events, you need to remember that there are certain requirements that must be met for better goals development for an event:
- The event is not an ending goal in itself; it should provide fun and create a good mood as well as experiences aimed at the formation of certain positive emotions.
- One should strive for the involvement of a wide range of participants so that everyone can be active and show their knowledge, abilities, and talents (e.g., through contests or awards). It is ideal when all these features are available from those who participate.
- The event should not be overloaded and prolonged. Appropriate timing is important.
- When conducting children’s activities or work for nonprofit organisations, event organisers should be driven to achieve a certain brand awareness and level of involvement. It is necessary to foresee the perspectives of attendees, choose appropriate methods, etc.
- The event should be exciting, depending on the concept, format, and presentation. The more colourful and bright the material is, the more emotional the event atmosphere will be. When something is too simple, it is simply not interesting, and when it is very complex, it is also not interesting. Both excessive simplicity and excessive complexity lead to a lack of attention and interest, which means that the work will be purposeless.
- When preparing for large corporate events, it is necessary to take into account the age and personal characteristics of the participants and to include those considerations in the best practices of event management.
For children under 12, it is more interesting to learn about the world through the use of games with dynamics because they often lack the ability to concentrate for a long period of time, not to mention increased emotional irritability, a desire to compete with their peers, etc.
The components of the event, such as methods and techniques, preparation, forms of conduct, thematic focus, age range, and scale, are equally important.
The event will be effective if you follow the basic requirements:
- The relevance of the topic
- The appropriateness of the content
- Orientation to the appropriate audience (themes, content, manner of presentation)
- Proof of position (confirmation of figures, facts, examples)
- Conciseness, clarity, and accessibility
- Event logistics
- Choice of the guests/hosts, media, etc.
- The ability to get in touch with participants
- Ages and individual characteristics of the audience
- Their awareness and understanding
- Their speech and behaviour culture
- The ability to creatively manage non-standard situations
It is very important to take into account compliance with the rules above when formatting the upcoming event. The choice of form is very important and may often define whether your event belongs to one of event management best practices or not.
Best practices in modern event management
What are the event management best practices? The success of the event depends entirely on the preparatory work that is performed before the event. All of the means you choose for preparation are aimed to make your event an example of the best practices in event management and to gather as many registrations as possible in order to accomplish the following:
- Prove event ROI
- Network and build tactical partnerships
- Secure events
- Know your target audience
- Drive online event registration
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Promote the event
- Track your attendance
- Create strong attendee experiences
- Manage your contact database
- Measure your event results
- Gather views on event management strategy and so forth
When organising events with the best perspectives, you may also come across the basics of organising, such as scenario activity, planning, budgeting, logistics, and catering, depending on the format of the event.
- Creative elements: best practices in organising events, examples of original scenarios, greetings and gifts, serving dishes, etc.
- Checklists for communication with the customer
- Business events (i.e., internal and external)
- Effective PR: organising and conducting presentations, press conferences, promotions, events for partners, etc.
- Legal basis for organising events: contractual policy, examples of contracts, calculations and taxation, rules for inspections, etc.
- Business etiquette, cross-cultural communication, national and religious features of business contacts
- Psychology of communication, the correct behaviour in the negotiations, staying out of conflict situations, etc.
- Management event company: organisation of work, personnel, finance, advertising, and promotion
Do not forget that reliable assistance when holding official corporate, nonprofit, and partner events, exhibitions, and promotions, as well as holidays and corporate events, will always come in handy. In addition, using event organisation and management applications is presently one of the best event management practices.
Why do we need applications in the event industry? In order to improve the quality of networking, both participants and event managers actively use their smartphones at events and are urged to use them to more actively search for connections. However, this is far from being the only specific need. Developers are already creating industry-specific business event solutions that allow for the optimisation of specific business processes, automating work, and earning greater revenue in the end.
Mobile solutions for event managers are a fully established market. There is active competition between domestic and foreign disruptive event management solutions. At the same time, you can distinguish your segments in the market and use whatever you consider more appropriate for your purposes.
An important condition for sharpening professional skills is analysis (or self-analysis), which is essential to carry out after each event that you hold. Best practices in modern event management allow for learning and growing, promoting the effectiveness of event activities, event organizing, and the management process in general. They will help you catch up with modern event management, which is currently developing quickly and continues to be a highly competitive environment.
Contact us if you need any help or advice!