Whatever technological, economic, or cultural trends are dominating global attention these days, Asia is definitely the epicentre for many of them. With thriving business travel and MICE landscapes, cities like Singapore, Shanghai, and Hong Kong are considered the world’s best event destinations, and it looks like there is much more to come! According to research, Asia should account for 32% of the world’s airline traffic by 2025 and will dominate global business travel spending by 80% in 2026.
This obviously prompts a high demand for professional event management and marketing services in the Asia-Pacific region. From event technology development to the coordination of government events, there is a huge number of emerging perspectives and roles in the market. If event management is your passion, and you love Asian food more than you can describe, chances are good that you’ll find your dream job there!
Top four event management jobs in Asia
When you tap into any online base of event jobs in Asia, you’ll definitely spot at least one position that sounds unfamiliar, even if you have solid experience with the events industry. As new trends are evolving constantly, the job market is changing as well. To streamline your search, we’ve picked the top four event management jobs in Asia that are skyrocketing in popularity and demand:
- Event Tech Expert
A decade ago, event management was primarily about detailed planning and spreadsheets, but technology is taking the upper hand today. From the development of an event website to the management of onsite registrations, there is a huge array of event processes driven by tech.
An event tech expert is someone who can solve issues related to an audio-visual system, knows how event apps work, and can advise on the choice of suitable event management software. Tech infrastructures for events became extremely sophisticated over the past few years, so the evolution of event tech careers similarly became a big trend.
- Investigate, process, monitor, and make recommendations for event technology solutions.
- Provide analytical support and direction for the team.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to optimise technical processes onsite.
- Plan and design hardware logistics.
- Design and support audio-visual, lighting, and other systems.
- Good knowledge of event technology equipment (sound systems, lighting boards, overhead projection, televisions, onsite registration, hardware and software, etc.)
- Experience using tools like Service Excellence, LEM, and Rounding Tool
- Minimum of AA/BC or relevant experience
Salary: S$24,240 – S$80,994
- Event Marketing Manager
There are many newly emerging roles for event marketers in Asia, from digital concierges to social media coordinators. This is due to the increasing amount of data being used in event planning and coordination. If you do the research on Glassdoor, you’ll find 500 open positions in different fields of event marketing, including jobs at globally-known corporations like Twitter. And that’s just in Singapore!
- Develop and deliver a promotion strategy, as well as tactical support for events.
- Provide strategic and creative event marketing consultation.
- Manage and team up with others on the events planning team for events and projects.
- Communicate between the global, regional, and field teams, providing monthly and timely updates via conference calls or in-person presentations.
- Serve as a liaison for technology support onsite.
- Liaise on digital presence, social promotion, and public relations to support events.
- Provide follow-up reporting related to ROI related to the event.
- Solid communication and influencing skills with all levels of internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of marketing promotion strategies.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise tasks, and work within deadlines.
- Ability to support strong vendor and venue relationships.
Salary: S$24,585 – S$72,628
- Event Security Specialist
As the use of event tech grows, cybersecurity is becoming a major concern. The role of an Event Security Specialist implies the development and maintenance of a data protection strategy for the event as well as compliance with security-related laws and regulations. Here’s a recent position description that was available with Google:
- Manage safety and security resources for events.
- Serve as a liaison to executives and stakeholders for all matters regarding security practices.
- Travel to events to support security operations.
- Develop strong relationships with domestic and international law enforcement and government counterparts, as well as private sector peers, to facilitate event security.
- Ability to analyse intelligence and threat reports to determine the risk level to an IT infrastructure or separate devices.
- Ability to create, plan, and review security operations documents.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
Salary: S$32,761 – S$125,714
- Event Sponsorship Manager
Efficient partnerships are the foundation of a good event. The role of an Event Sponsorship Manager is typically needed for large-scale meetings and conferences that rely on strategic partnership building.
- Sponsorship strategy development.
- Partner acquisition.
- Overall accountability for developing a long-term relationship with strategic partners.
- Develop and execute a go-to-market plan that attracts ideal strategic partners.
- Identify prospective partner companies.
- Ensure compliance with internal partnership regulations and external laws.
- Strong leadership and coalition-building skills, along with the ability to manage complex cross-organisational, cross-company interactions.
- Dynamic ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations.
- Ability to develop long-term vision and goals for partner relationship growth
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking.
The landscape of event manager jobs in Asia is expanding lightning fast, which opens up exciting career opportunities for ambitious professionals. This is due to the fact that with the development of progressive event management software, IT infrastructures are becoming more advanced. Therefore, if you’re a tech-savvy event specialist who wants to grow professionally in Asia, you have many exciting roads to choose from. From event tech management to the facilitation of security practices, choose what appeals to you and let the journey begin!