If you’re an event planner, you need some event planner advertisement ideas to reach the top of the industry. There are many questions to consider: how to promote the event, where to start, how to set up advertising, how to create an event page, and so much more. Therefore, if you are eager to find those answers and succeed with event marketing and other things, stay connected with us.
How to promote an event successfully
Any modern business relationship has an element of creativity. Therefore, the promotion of the event on your network provides many different creative ideas to use. In order to advertise your events successfully, you should:
- Create a website to promote the event.
- Choose and use tools for promotion such as targeted advertising, newsletters, media publications, and cooperation with bloggers.
- Track the effectiveness of advertising.
- Get a step-by-step plan for promoting the event.
Have no idea about the best tools to use for event promotion? Contact us, ask tips for strong event promotion, and use marketing tools for event planners to get the best results.
How to brainstorm the new ideas for event advertising
If you need some new ways to advertise events or find some fresh ideas, check out these innovative ways to sell out your event.
- Invite a diverse group of people.
- Provide context and goals well before the meeting.
- Keep the meeting to 22(ish) minutes.
- Quickly say “no” to the standard ideas.
- Provide a place for anonymous submissions.
- Gear your content marketing efforts toward leadership.
- Be ready that nothing comes out of your brainstorm.
- Take advantage of event discovery sites.
- Do it all over again.
Any event, from a festival to a round table, can and should be promoted through your website/landing page. The event website solves several problems. This is the best way to speak in detail about the event, show photos, reviews, and videos. Readers can then immediately register, and if necessary, pay to participate. Thus, your primary tactic is to set up your event website and guarantee a flawless ticketing and check-in process.
Setting your event advertising goals
Follow the below advice on how to set goals that will elevate your events and your experience throughout the whole season.
- Tie your event goals back to the “why” of your events.
- Make your goals measurable.
- Build goals that can adapt with you.
- Make sure they are SMART.
Having a set of SMART goals gives an added security blanket to your event strategy.
Identify your channels of promotion
When the site is ready and the event is organised, the most interesting part begins—the creation of an advertising strategy to promote the event and choosing the channels for promotion.
Social media remains one of the cheapest and most highly effective ways to market your events, make them go viral, and boost sales.
Promote your events via media, create media coverage, and invite relevant media outlets.
Add your events to a brochure or other print materials for partners and media representatives so they can find you easily. Contact them and invite directly.
Issue a press release to share with all your fans, friends, followers, and media. Expand your public relations.
If you organise an annual event and you’re not investing in search engine optimization (SEO) for your event pages, you’re losing many sales. Showing up in Google searches is vital for event websites. Paid ads give you immediate results, SEO helps you to grow organically.
Offline promotion includes streetboards, event posters, branded walls printed media, radio, etc. It’s always the right idea to present your event in places where you potential attendees are located.
Email marketing drives event awareness, increases your event engagement, drives sales, and provides organisers with useful feedback.
Event advertising requirements
You should first familiarise yourself with the ad requirements and certification. Businesses that sell event tickets are allowed to advertise through Google Ads, but they must first be certified by Google. This certification is required for all ads applied on the network. Keep this in mind while advertising for an event. Follow social media ad requirements or abide by the laws if you advertise offline. Learn more about advertising requirements to set your relevant dates; include event sponsorship, use of brand name, logo, symbols, or choice of contractors, etc. To check out the most high-quality and successful event advertisement examples, take a look at the links below:
Check out more creative examples here.
Event advertising ideas to increase attendance for 2019-2020
These ideas to advertise an event will help you increase your conversion, event engagement, and attendance.
Plan your event
Develop a vision for your event: develop your event branding, deploy your event marketing campaign, and execute email marketing. Determine your tech needs.
Personalise the event
Event personalisation has been trending for years. In today’s smartphone-centric world, we also expect our event experience to be personalised.
Provide incentives. Be sure to provide your attendees with some useful merchandise, freebies, early-bird options, and more. Give people good reasons to register quickly in advance. Gifts and various bonuses will contribute to this.
Promote an event in advance
As a general rule of thumb, it’s recommended that you promote your events at least 90-180 days in advance.
Use Email marketing
Email marketing helps to increase attendance at events and doubles your event traffic. It also allows you to inform attendees and provide them with registration and ticketing in an easier way.
Simplify the registration
Another way to simplify the registration process and boost attendance is to provide a reliable event platform. Add something specifically for the “early birds”.
Optimise your event website
Carefully work out the primary and secondary key phrases and make your headline effective. Check the sentences and paragraphs for grammar and clarity. Use a website builder with appealing designs for best results.
Show previous successes
Images and reviews on social networks and pages of the event all increase the credibility of the brand, and also provides potential visitors some idea of what the next event will be about.
Create your own hashtags
Work on this! Use the tools that social media provides. Creating a unique and relevant hashtag for use on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook is a great way to keep track of visitors and create the necessary buzz around the event.
Use demonstration, education, reminders and accompaniment
The event should be clearly highlighted on your website and on social networks. People should also be reminded of the event via email.
Tools for event planners
To organise your online event advertising, you will need some useful tools with a set of features that can handle event branding and promotion. Here are the platforms to consider:
- GEVME is a fully integrated event management and event marketing software that caters to all stages of an event lifecycle. It is used for effective promotion and event marketing at all stages of event creation.
- Judgify is a tool for awards management online, event organising, and marketing for event planners online. It allows for deeper insight into the event planning process and detailed event organisation. Judgify is an easy-to-use contest tool for contest automation and promotion. Free event planning software is also available, which makes its features your best choice.
- Anyvite is a convenient service for an invitation campaign to drum up event interest. The platform is distinguished by its convenient system for creating and designing invitation cards. Integration with Twitter and other social networks allows you to support and promote the event, which can be easily added to your iCal, Google, or Outlook calendars.
- Swarm is useful when organising offline events. It’s a mobile application for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to share their location on social networks, meaning that those who are connected to social media will get more chances to hear about your event.
- Slack is a multifunctional corporate instant messenger that can also be used as a powerful tool to promote events. Slack supports integration with a number of third-party services like DropBox, Google Drive, GitHub, Google Docs, Twitter, Trello, Jira, etc. The platform is able to completely replace internal email and messaging. However, it is only useful for administration and cannot substitute for all-in-one event website hosting.
Call to action
Use perfect event solutions that work for all types of events, contests, academic conferences, and more. They act as awards and abstract management systems that can be applied for multiple types of advertising.
For any event, new event advertising ideas are a good investment and a chance to increase your brand awareness, company prestige, engage new partners/sponsors, boost sales, or even raise funds. So, if you’re ready to brainstorm and find some new promotion ideas with us to succeed in your event marketing, register right away!
Feel free to leave your own ideas for advertising an event in the comments below.